The International School of Sikh Studies (ISSS)
The International School of Sikh Studies was set up in 1997 to commemorate the 300th Birth Anniversary of the Khalsa which was coming up in 1999. The dream was realised when the first qualifiers were awarded diplomas/degrees in 1999 by the then Leader of the House of Commons the Rt. Hon. Margaret Beckett. We are proud to welcome both local and international students to our institution.
The International School of Sikh Studies has the following three Faculties:
- The Faculty of Professional Studies
- The Faculty of Languages
- The Faculty of Religious Studies: (only for local students)
The Professional study courses are accredited by Association of Business Executives (ABE), Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). In addition students are also prepared for Panjabi language courses for AQA examination Board. ISSS has highly qualified staff to teach various courses and has been commended year after year in its attempt to impart education in the private sector to students of different ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds.
International School of Sikh Studies has undergone a review for educational oversight by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and have received its final report, which is available in full at: Click Here
We have received the following judgements from QAA:
- The review team has confidence in the International School of Sikh Studies’ management of its responsibilities for the standards of the awards it offers on behalf of its awarding organisations.
- The review team has confidence that the International School of Sikh Studies is fulfilling its responsibilities for managing and enhancing the quality of the intended learning opportunities it provides for students.
- The review team concludes that reliance can be placed on the accuracy and completeness of the information that the International School of Sikh Studies is responsible for publishing about itself and the programmes it delivers.